Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Getting closer

Well friends, now that we're inside of 3 weeks to departure, the countdown is really heating up. That, and my apartment is really filling up with supplies and checks from all of you! I've started a pile in the dining room, and it's getting bigger by the day!

My sincerest thanks go out to Ana H., Alex Y., Kate H., Kristen W., Mimi Y., Uncle Dan, Mom and Aunt Joy (so far!) Once again, if I receive more money than I can spend on carryable supplies, I will present a check from all of you to Common Hope when I arrive.

Also, I just wanted to correct a minor error I made when whining about the trip down and lack of sleep we'll be getting in post #2. Instead of taking off at midnight, we actually have to arrive at the airport at midnight, for our 3AM flight. I'm not sure which would be better, but no matter... 3AM it is!

I'm headed to Target today for a bit of supply shopping, and getting whatever personal things ready in advance that I can (xeroxing passport, etc...). I got my shots last week, and a precautionary prescription that I'm hoping I won't need. Thanks again for all of your support and encouragement! OH -- and our group has now grown to 18.

Love,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment