Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday evening

Hi everyone! Mom, Mario, Pete and Alex, thanks so much for your notes!!!! Kate, if you're here, please give Lolie and Murphy extra love and remind them what lucky girls they are to live inside. :)

As a stopgap for pics, our beautiful host Krista (a long-term volunteer here from Denver w/ her hubby -- Alex, please let me know where you are again so I can tell her?) uploads pics to the CH website each day, which she has swiped from our individual cameras. So although I haven't seen them myself yet, there's a good chance some of my pics will be up there. Please check the Vision Team Photo Diary on commonhope.org -- sorry for not providing the link but waiting for the internet connection here is like watching grass grow...

Today I was one of 3 people who got to visit San Rafael, the satellite organization of CH. This village of 1700 is about 45 minutes from Antigua and is so remote that outsiders (even other Guatemalans) are very disturbing to these people. The org is still in the trust-building phase so we couldn't descend on them en masse. I got to do a beading project with the girls and women who were waiting in the clinic to be seen. Each day at 7AM there is a line of 100 or more people waiting to be seen, so there is quite a bit of waiting. We also saw the school and met some more adorable children.

This afternoon I helped prepare a traditional dinner that our team will be eating in a few short minutes. I haven't even mentioned my teammates yet but they are such an amazing group. I am so glad I made this space in my life for new friends.

Thank you all again who donated supplies and funds. You are so generous and will most likely be getting another thanks from CH directly.

I need to run.... OH -- finally found a dog I can pet. She belongs to one of the American volunteers here. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie! What a wonderful opportunity for you. Memories FORever. Love you & miss you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the pics? I don't see you guys on the website.

    ReplyDelete