Hola amigos!
Well, the big day is finally (already?) here, and I'm so nervous and excited! I talked with a friend yesterday who has been to Central America several times, and she gave me a whole new list of supplies and preparatory stuff I need to go get today. :)
I will only have limited access to a public computer while there, so this blog may be my only means of connection. Please share your comments so I can hear from you too! My CrackBerry won't work so I'm not even taking it, and I'll admit that I'm more than a little worried about that withdrawal!
For safety reasons, I am also now thinking I won't take my big Nikon camera, disappointing as that is... but I just don't want to be stressed about it the whole time and I think I really would be. It's not losing the camera itself that worries me... it's the flashing neon "rich white girl" sign that it will represent. So, the point-and-shoot will have to do. Much easier to stash in my attempt to blend in.
Lola is doing her typical pout now that the suitcases are out, but I'm glad that she still ate her breakfast today. I'm so grateful to Kate, Paige & Josh for caring for her while I'm gone. Without such good friends to watch my girl, this trip would have been a lot less likely to happen.
OK, I'm off for some last-minute shopping. Thank you all for your emotional and financial support thus far, and please keep the prayers and good thoughts coming as I head out on this wonderful adventure....
Love to you all,
Annie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment